Re: libX11.so.6 in a chroot

Hi Thomas:
Thanks a lot for LD_PRELOAD. It works fine for remote visualization at a cluster with GPUs

francesco

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com> wrote:
Hi,

On 09/26/2017 06:43 PM, Francesco Pietra wrote:
How to make available system-wide (to a program for remote visualization on which I have no command, as it is provided as a binary file) a previous version of libX11.so.6 in a chroot? Specifically, I mean making available that library of debian8 to the installed debian9. Clearly, the said binary does not recognize the new library.

Can't you just use LD_PRELOAD? e.g.:

# LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/your/library.so /bin/ls

For more information see: man 8 ld.so

Else just copy all libraries and binaries to the chroot - may also just do
this with a link - and replace the one desired.

cheers,
Thomas