Re: Does jessie install grub on both raid0 disks?

Am 15.09.13 07:58, schrieb Francesco Pietra:
> Hello:
> I was unable to trace whether new debian installers include for amd64
an option to install grub on both disks of a raid0. If yes, it would be
convenient to carry out a new installation of jessie instead of
dist-upgrading from wheezy. Wheezy - at the time I upgraded to it - had
no such option.

> Thanks
> francesco pietra
Just in case, my 2 cents.

If there is an option to install the grub boot loader on _every_ disk of
a raid system, it would make sense to do it in a way the systems boots
when sda is dead or missing. Worst case would be, do install the uuid
from the first disk aka /dev/sda on both grub installations as location
for the kernel and initramdisk.

Furthermore I expect that "dpkg-reconfigure grub" will give me the "new"
option and I don't need a new installation.

Yours, Ralf