Re: RAID1 all bootable

Is this recipe devised for installing grub on both sda and sda with an
undamaged RAID1?

In my case, with the sda that contained grub loader replaced by a new
disk, the rescue mode  (using the same CD installer for amd64 wheezy)
did not find any partition. Inverting the SATA cables, same result.

In both cases (I mean position of SATA cables) I went to the shell in
the installer environment:

#fisk /dev/sda (or sdb)
 device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, etc
(expected for a raid)

#dmesg |grep -i sd
 sda (and sbb): unknown partition table (expected for a raid), however
md: raid0
md: raid1
were identified, along with rai4, 5, 6 etc (unfortunately "| less"
does not work to see the whole message).

Am I using the Rescue Mode improperly? I was unable to dig into the HD
that contains md0 (booth loader, EXT2) and md1 ( LVM partitions home
tmp usr opt var swap EXT3)

Thanks a lot for your kind advice

francesco pietra