No installable kernel found in the defined APT sources during install

Hello,
   I'm attempting to install debian 6.0.5 stable using the small CD image and it continuously fails on the "Installing base system" step.  It gets all the way to the end then fails with the message: "No installable kernel found in the defined APT sources"  I've searched around the Internet tirelessly to no avail.  The only info I found on this issue was here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2012/04/msg00034.html

But the suggested solution requires running apt-get which is not available as the base system isn't installed yet so that didn't work.

Does anyone have any insights into this situation?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan