Re: your mail

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 07:22:47PM +0200, Pietro Paolini wrote:
> I tried to add the firsts you wrote me and no result.
>
> Before add the last one  I have a question, what I have to do is run:
>
> apt-get update &&
> apt-get upgrade

I would recommend always using dist-upgrade, not upgrade.  upgrade isn't
allowed to do anything that requires installing a new package or removing
another package.  This can really prevent installing things a lot of
the time.

If you just need a newer kernel, you could add backports to your sources
and install the kernel from there.

If you do:

lspci -n | grep 0200

You can find out the PCI id of your network cards.  It can then be
used to look up which kernel version added support for that particular
network card/chip.