Re: Fwd: /bin/sh linked to dash? SOlVED, however..

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 10:39:05PM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Solved by
>
> # mv /bin/sh /bin/sh_original
>
> # ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh
>
> now
>
>  ls -l
>  sh -> /bin/bash
>
> and mopac does its job. Hopefully, this should also allow the hundreds
> of other codes inside the main code to work, if the same problem
> occurs.
>
> However, I would like to have the opinion of "those who know" if this
> is the correct way of doing and why with wheezy this change.

Yeah as already said, not the thing to do.

Fix the scripts.  If they say /bin/sh then they are asking for a posix
shell, and trying to do anything else is a bug.  Trying to use bash
features is certainly a bug.  If the scripts explicitly ask for bash
then it is fine to use bash features.