Re: no kernel driver for sound card

my snd-virtuoso stopped loading at  boot recently.

i have concluded its something in userspace, as booting to older were-working kernels doesnt work either.

i manually load snd-virtuoso the relogin to X and everything is fine. gnome doesnt seem to handle soundcards being added mid session, perhaps kde is the same?

dean