Re: no kernel driver for sound card

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:20:52 -0500,
Seb <spluque@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fellow AMD64ers, It has been a couple of months since I've lost sound
> in my Toshiba Satellite laptop, with Debian unstable on it.  Following
> some investigation with lspci:

[...]

On top of all that, /proc/asound simply simply doesn't exist.  However,
snd-hda-intel), does create it and at least ALSA gets up and running.
But this breaks something with PulseAudio since I only get a greyed out
Dummy Output and an internal audio device in the list given in KDE sound
settings, instead of the usual list of devices.  Some posts point to a
problem with udev, but no solution...

--
Seb