udev problem Was: kernel modules not loading at boot after upgrade

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 18:34, Ernesto Domato <edomat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Debian AMD64 Sid/Experimental on a laptop and after
> upgrading it yesterday my touchpad, sound and battery applet stop
> working. I found that the kernel is not autoloading the respective
> modules (psmouse, snd-hda-intel and battery) on boot and even placing
> them on /etc/modules doesn't solve the problem.
>
> The only solution is to load the modules by hand (using modprobe)
> after the system finish loading but I'd like it to behave as before
> :-)

Ok. I downgrade the "udev" package (and "libudev0" dependency) from
167-1 to 166-1 and it solved the problem so I guess my behavior could
come from it.

Looking at the logs it says, when I upgraded to 167-1, "converting old
udev database" so maybe the problem is on the database conversion.

Thanks.
Ernesto