Re: touchscreen issue

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 02:37:02PM +0100, dagecko@free.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't really know where to ask for it. So I start on this list.
>
> The touchpad of my laptop works well, but I can't make the
> "click on the touchpad works", meaning I must use the touchpad buttons
> to click, double-click and so on.

I think that you just need to include the appropriate InputClass section
in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

For example. on my netbook I have:

Section "InputClass"

        Identifier      "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"

        Option  "LeftEdge"      "1700"
        Option  "RightEdge"     "5700"
        Option  "TopEdge"       "1700"
        Option  "BottomEdge"    "5100"
        Option  "FingerLow"     "25"
        Option  "FingerHigh"    "30"
        Option  "MaxTapTime"    "180"
        Option  "MaxTapMove"    "220"
        Option  "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
        Option  "MinSpeed"      "0.09"
        Option  "MaxSpeed"      "0.6"
        Option  "HorizEdgeScroll"       "true"
        Option  "TapButton1"    "1"
        Option  "SHMConfig"     "true"
EndSection

Obviously these parameters may not be suitable for your touchpad, so
you will probably need to modify the entries. lshal should show you
the right Identifier string for your system.

This is probably better (more fundamental) than using any xfce/gname/kde
tools that may or may not exist. Also likely to be more flexible.

This is not amd64 specific: rather an xorg question. I don't know a good
way to support the touchpad properly on standard (non-X) terminals: gpm
seems only to do treat the pad like a mouse.

ael