Re: Changing from stable to testing.....

I did the upgrade from lenny to squeeze without any problems - if you read the wiki, you are supposed to upgrade apt dpkg and aptitude first - then the kernel - then distupgrade.

It worked - but - there is always some cruft that accumulates - so if you have time, you might want to bkup your old etc and home - then move to a new install - migrating configs one at a time. Some of my cruft dated back to sarge...

On the other hand - with a nvidia card and dual head monitors - kde4 is amazing - I think we just left windoze in the rear view mirror..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Subtle recursive jokes in signatures are funny.