Re: xscreensaver cannot lock: no screensaver running on display

If your running KDE, go the K(Start button, lower left of screen and at
the bottom along with "switch user" and "log out", you will find "lock
session".

reg exes wrote:
Hello everyone,

I upgraded my system from Etch to Lenny a looong time ago... just
noticed something odd.

When trying to lock my screen with xscreensaver, it dies...

host1:myuser:~> xscreensaver-command -lock
xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0

I've searched for solutions and can't seem to find anything which helps..

I found this on the Debian Bugs List...

But I'm using the version from stable...

host1:myuser:~> aptitude show xscreensaver
Package: xscreensaver
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 5.05-3+lenny1