Re: help getting grub to see Windows 7 on second drive

On Friday 10 Dec 2010, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:48:35AM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> > Windows of course saw the scanner right off the bat and then scanned
> > some files and rebooted into Debian mounted the Windows disk on the
> > linux tree and ran gscantopdf on the scanned files and worked round my
> > scanning problem.
> Funny given I have an HP all in one inkjet/scanner thing, that it works
> automatically with linux, but windows 7 doesn't have a driver for it
> (XP was the only OS HP supported apparently).

Sort of makes you wonder why the EU haven't already made it a legal
requirement for hardware manufacturers to supply driver Source Code, if they
want to sell their products in any European country.  How much otherwise
perfectly serviceable kit do you think is ending up in landfill for want of
drivers?

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk