Re: mktemp and diff orphaned?

On 11/9/2010 1:33 PM, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
Hi all,

I am running debian-amd64/testing. When I start "orphaner" there are two
packages, which are marked as "essentials". These packages are "diff" and
"mktemp", but they are below "oldlibs". Can they safely to be removed, as they
are meanwhile old? Or better leave them?

Regards

Hans

mktemp is required; don't remove it. diff has alternatives, but there is really no need to remove it. It is still has lots of scripts that expect it.