Re: SDIO wifi support?

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 05:39:33PM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
>> I was thinking of getting a card like this for my camera:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Fi-Class-Wireless-Memory-EYE-FI-8PC/dp/B002UT42UI
>>
>> Having a hard time figuring out if there is support for these in squeeze?
>>
>> Has anyone been down this road?
>
> So support for doing what in squeeze?
>
> It appears to be meant to put in a supported camera.  As for what
> it does once you put it in a camera, I am not sure.  No idea if it
> requries special software on a PC to receive, or how you configure the
> wifi settings on the card for the camera.

Seems to be the case...
This should have a proprietary protocol implemented and the bet is not
supported you should ask the manufacturer...

> If you are wondering if you could use it as a wifi adapter in a PC with
> an SD slot, well them most likely the answer is no.  I don't think most
> SD adapters support SDIO.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen
>

> --

Perhaps the depth of love can be calibrated by the number of different
selves that are actively involved in a given relationship.
                    Carl Sagan (Contact)

Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds-and fanatics. It
is, for scientific folk, an unattainable ideal.
                    Cassius J. Keyser

                    Jaime Ochoa Malagón
                    Arquitecto de Soluciones
                    Cel: +52 (55) 1021 0774