Re: xscreensaver cannot lock: no screensaver running on display
- To: "email@example.com >> debian amd64" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: xscreensaver cannot lock: no screensaver running on display
- From: reg exes <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:57:29 +0200
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=XWqVQdQJuECBizb+U_S91FFG=udtMoUAP5wQs@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <4C7D942D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <AANLkTi=nd5-rjRROmvg+oM-OP3D98+S3r2oz6B2p78LE@mail.gmail.com> <4C7D942D.email@example.com>
I'm not using KDE... I'm using Enlightenment as my window manager.
Doesn't seem to matter anway. I cannot get xscreensaver to do what it
If I run xscreensaver manually and then try lock the screen, I always get
host1:myuser:~> xscreensaver-command -lock
xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
I thought I would try adding it to the xinitrc... maybe it has to be
/usr/bin/xscreensaver -display :0.0 &
I tried this in my user's .xinitrc and as root. Didn't help either
way, same problem.
Ok.. then I tried adding it to the gdm.conf file... my system is using gdm...
I added this line...
BackgroundProgram=xscreensaver -display :0.0 -no-splash
Didn't help.. I still get the same error.
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Whit Hansell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> If your running KDE, go the K(Start button, lower left of screen and at
> the bottom along with "switch user" and "log out", you will find "lock
> reg exes wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I upgraded my system from Etch to Lenny a looong time ago... just
>> noticed something odd.
>> When trying to lock my screen with xscreensaver, it dies...
>> host1:myuser:~> xscreensaver-command -lock
>> xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
>> I've searched for solutions and can't seem to find anything which helps..
>> I found this on the Debian Bugs List...
>> But I'm using the version from stable...
>> host1:myuser:~> aptitude show xscreensaver
>> Package: xscreensaver
>> State: installed
>> Automatically installed: no
>> Version: 5.05-3+lenny1
>> Anyone have an idea?