Re: Re: Re: make-kpkg fails writing to weird directories on dual or multi core processors

Hi, yes I did
apt-get install kernel-package linux-source-2.6.32 build-essential make g++ gcc
cd /usr/src
bzip2 -d linux-source-2.6.32.tar.bz2
tar -xvf linux-source-2.6.32.tar
cd /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.32
make mrproper
rm -rf debian
make menuconfig
make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version dickhead1.0 kernel_image kernel_headers

Even if I put CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=3 first makes no difference

Version 12.032 and 12.033 of kernel-package behave the same. Even the one from lennny behaves the same.

Also make bzImage && make modules_install works fine. But I want to make the .deb package as well. I have been using linux for 14 years but I have never had this problem before.

make-kpkg works fine on my laptop with a single centrino processor.

thanks Rob