Cheers,
Whit

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Whit Hansell <skipper44@comcast.net <mailto:skipper44@comcast.net>> wrote:

    Unless I'm wrong, I believe grub is installed from the iso cd.  It
    might be bad right at that point.  Do a md5 check on the iso on
    your hard drive and if it's ok, make a new install cd.  I used to
    have a goofy cd burner and had to always use a netinstall because
    it would not write the full iso to cd.  So I always went w. the 50
    mb iso to get started and even then I would have to retry it
    several times.  It was frustrating but it did work.

Thanks. I retried installing from the same netinst cd and all went well.

    HTH
    Whit

    Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

        i'm using netinst for 64-bit squeeze
        the hard disk used is WD3200BEVT

        problem:
        when i came to the grub-installation part, it failed
        but i can install grub and boot ubuntu 10.04 on the same hard disk

-- Regards,

        Umarzuki Mochlis
        http://debmal.my

--