Re: KVM "storage"

If youre using kvm you can put the vm's disk image anywhere you like

Dean

Whit Hansell wrote:
Hey guys,
Am trying to set up KVM on my Lenny AMD64 box and need recommendations from those who have set up KVM regarding storage memory.

Following is my df -h:

Filesystem            Size    Used   Avail   Use%  Mounted on
/dev/sda1             662M  252M  376M   41% /
tmpfs                     1.9G       0      1.9G   0% /lib/init/rw
udev                       10M 1008K   9.1M  10% /dev
tmpfs                     1.9G       0      1.9G    0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda9              216G     51G  155G   25% /home
/dev/sda8              373M    11M  343M     3% /tmp
/dev/sda5                4.6G   3.7G   726M   84% /usr
/dev/sda6                2.8G  393M    2.3G    15% /var

As you can see I have 2.3 G avail. in /var and want to install WXP virtually.
Would also, at a later date, want to possibly play w. Fedora or some other
Linux distro for grins.

What are recommendations for increasing memory in /var or what would
you do in this case.  I have been recommended to even use a symlink from
the storage area to a location where I have sufficient memory as in /home but
am concerned about debian's hierarchical limitations in that.

TIA for any recommendations.

cheers,
Whit Hansell