Re: unable to connect to wireless networks with RTL8101 card

Seb wrote:
Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 RT-5 laptop which is now discontinued.
Internet works fine, but I've never been able to get the wireless
working properly.  Switching the wireless detector on the computer lets
the KDE Network manager show the various networks available in the
vicinity, but whenever I do save and connect to of the networks in the
list never leads to a connection.  The KDE Network manager icon in the
system tray remains grayed-out.  Callin "lspci -k" shows that a driver
is in use:

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
        Kernel driver in use: r8169

Googling around for this I cannot see whether this is the right driver
for that card, or what the problem might be.  Any tips would be
appreciated.

I think this may be what your are looking for

<http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/searchView.aspx?keyword=RTL8101>

HTH

Wayne