dudes, my nautilus package might be ill......

Dear folks,

I can't seem to get my blank DVD burned with nautilus to back up some files.  I get an error which says  something like "nautilus cannot display burn:///" please try another display viewer or something.

I did

debian:/home/mikef# aptitude reinstall nautilus
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages will be REINSTALLED:
  nautilus
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the nautilus package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
Writing extended state information... Done
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the nautilus package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download

as root and then got the horrible little E: messages which are always a bad sign.......  When they say I might need to manually fix this package what would that mean doing in practice?

Suggestions welcome.

Regards

Michael Fothergill

PS I am running Debian Lenny on a newish fairly upscale AMD64 box.