new debian sources and servers???

Dear maintainers,

since the last update (debian-amd64/sid), some of the server are no more
found. I discovered a major change in the sources list, caused by the update
(there are some directories added "i386" and "amd64" below "/etc/apt/".

So, must I change something manually, too??? My old sources.lists are already
active, and there are the new ones. But generally I got errors, that some
servers are no more found. This means, something in the infrastructure of
debian-repository has changed, or my configuration has to be optimized.

Can you give any background of it?

Thank you very much!

Hans-J. Ullrich