Re: AMD vs Intel in 2009

On 17.06.2009, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> This is rather dis-informative - Linux could very well use this feature for positive security purposes.

This isn't disinformation, you can decide on your own.

The op claimed that full Intel systems are not significantly cheaper than
AMD ones, and that's just not real. An AMD mainboard is generally cheaper,
and so is the CPU. The peripherals are priced the same on both worlds.
What will be the ooverall result?

In addition, you support TXT.
AMD will follow? Fine, but they has not done so per today.

http://lwn.net/Articles/333940/

(No, I'm not working for AMD or Intel...)