Re: 32 bit pkg on amd64

Sam Varghese <sam@gnubies.com> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 09:36:54AM -0300 macdowell.smd@dpf.gov.br
> said:
>> Hello,
>>
>> can we run 32 bit pkg on amd64?
>>
>> specifically I would like to run skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
>
> Here is what I followed when I installed SKype two weeks ago:
>
> http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mennucc1/skype.html

You can just download the static version from skype.org and unpack it in
any directory. Then install ia32-libs. Then just run skype from that
directory. Have been doing that for years. When the new version comes, I
just download it again and unpack it in the same directory. No need to
force architecture or anything like that.

--
"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has
no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political