RE: mounting ntfs partitions?

Not sure if your problem is resolved or not but I had a similar issue a while back and I was able to resolve like this:
http://blogs.koolwal.net/2009/02/24/howto-mount-windows-ntfs-partition-as-read-write-in-debian-linux/

I think somebody already mentioned ntfs-3g.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

________________________________
> From: hans.ullrich@loop.de
> To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: mounting ntfs partitions?
> Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 19:32:56 +0200
>

> Am Montag 11 Mai 2009 schrieb hendrik@topoi.pooq.com:
>
>> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 06:33:06PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
>>> Hans-J. Ullrich:

>>> The ntfs module in the kernel offers only very limited write access. It
>
>>> is a feature constraint you have to live with.
>

>> A few years ago I heard that this constraint was to prevent damage to
>
>> the NTFS file system, which the develoers were not sure they fully
>
>> understood yet (Microsoft secrets and such). I thought that things had
>
>> progessed since them.
>

>> - hendrik

>>> Use ntfs-3g.
>

>>> J.
>
>>> --
>
>>> I often play sports / do exercise.
>
>>> [Agree] [Disagree]
>

> Ah, yes, this does it explain. I know, that ntfs to set r-w is always dangerous, and as far as I know, the kerne-module sets the ntfs-partition to read-only.
>

> In my case, there are no important datas on the partition, I use it for testing purposes or as a container to save files for a short time. I just wondered, that users are not allowed to mount partitions r-w (usb, vfat, external drives), but meanwhile I know more about debian and mount. I discovered pmount.
>

> Thanks for help!
>

> Regards
>

> Hans

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.