Re: Xerox PHASER 3100MFP

On Tue 05 May 2009 02:26:43 pm Pepo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Friends, Do someone can help me? I have a printer Xerox PHASER 3100MFP and
> I wanna use it with my kernel 2.6 and my processor amd64 ¿Do somebody have
> this printer or know how to install it?
>
> The driver are available for Intel (32bits) and kernels 2.4 ¿Do I can use
> they for my amd64 and my kernel 2.6?
>
> A lot of thanks.
>
> Pepo.

Pepo,

This is just a guess as I don't have this printer, myself, but I think you are
out of luck. The website http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting (used
to be linuxprinting.org) does not list this printer at all.

Further, on the Xerox website, under Specifications/Printing for this printer
it the only print language listed is "PCL (host based)", and, the only O/S's
listed are Windows & Mac. What this tells me is that this is one of those
inexpensive printers which requires the PC to do all of the print processing
and that Xerox is furnishing drivers only for Windows & Mac.

Cheers!

cmr

--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------