kernel panic - not syncic

Hi:
I wonder whether a failure to boot (amd64 lenny, multiprocessor,
raid1) requires attention. On resetting, the boot was ok.

The message was

kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill the idle task!

I was not at the screen during the attempted boot, so that I can't say
more to this concer.

I have looked at /var/log/syslog not finding a clear trace of the
failure. The machine was not used today and all of today in syslog
relates to 28 April 19.56-19.57.

thanks for suggestions if the message is relevant.

francesco pietra