Re: dudes, my laptop won't even give me a terminal prompt - xorg problem....

On Lun 20 Abr 2009 16:02:28 Michael Fothergill escribió:
> s there a key I can depress after booting that will make the machine ignore
> the failed cycle of onanism I appear to have engendered here and give me a
> terminal prompt and I can then work on fixing this?  Xorg and Gnome have
> worked well in the past and I have got them working both with the NVIDIA
> card and without.  I think this is just a temporary problem.
I didn't understand very well what you want, but maybe this solution is
helpful : start in single user mode. It will give you a simple console.
If you don't have the boot option, add the "single" option before booting the
kernel. If you didn't understand, I can give you a more detailed explanation.
Good luck!