Re: Equivalence to apt-get install -f

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:19:01 +0800
Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:

> nothing particularly. I just want to know since apt-get can do it,
> why not aptitude.
>
> 2009/1/27 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
>
> > On 01/26/2009 08:59 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> >
> >> For aptitude, is there an equivalence to
> >> # apt-get install -f
> >>

> > What is it that you need to force?
> >
> > --
> > Ron Johnson, Jr.
> > Jefferson LA  USA
> >
> > "I am not surprised, for we live long and are celebrated poopers."
> >

> > --

According to "man aptitude", there is a -f as well:

-f: Try hard to fix the dependencies of broken packages, even if
it means ignoring the actions requested on the command line.

You could also try the debian-user mailing list (at least next time),
instead of asking in debian-AMD64, since there is nothing 64-bit
specific about your question.

Cheers,

Dimitris