Re: Where is the kernel?

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 08:07:28PM -0500, Robert Isaac wrote:
> That would break all three nvidia drivers currently within non-free,
> so it is not necessarily a good idea for the people that rely on those
> for a desktop.

Well true, that it would.  I guess we would have to fix that if we did
go to 2.6.27.  Not as if we didn't have to fix it for 2.6.26 when that
came in.  The latest nvidia update got rid of the "sse support is
required" problem so it would be nice for some older PCs to go to that
one anyhow, although I think any machine without sse is running an old
enough card that the 9x.xx driver series is fine, so it hasn't been a
huge problem, just slightly annoying.