grub-setup: could not embedding core.img

Hello,

after the apt-get upgrade yesterday my debian sid box doesnt boot,
becaue of a broken grub2. Grub stops booting with the rescue-prompt and
prints an error: symbol "grub_gettext" not found, similar to this bug:

Booting into the rescue from a debian cd and running update-grub
(running perfect) and grub-install /dev/sda or grub-install/dev/sdb i
got following error:
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: warn: Your core.img is unusually large. It won't
fit in the embedding area.
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: error: Embedding is not possible, but this is
required when the root device is on a RAID array or LVM volume.
I found a debian bug, which is a little bit corresponding to this
message, but this should resolved:

I have no idea...is this a new bug, an old bug or only a silly mistake?
I purged the whole grub and reinstalled from rescue system and run ino
the same problem.

A short overview on my box:
/dev/md0, contains /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 (working fine in recue mode)
/dev/vg0/lvroot  contains with all folders instead of  /home, /temp and
swap and is located on /dev/md0

Installed kernels:
linux-image-2.6.30-2-amd64
linux-image-2.6.31-1-amd64