Re: Who is starting this process?

Dean Hamstead wrote:
Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
does someone know, which script or who is starting this process?

root 7152 tty9 /usr/bin/X -br -nolisten tcp :0 vt9 -auth /var/run/xauth/A:0-8DjLbd

I suppose, it is started by kdm, but I could not find the exactly one. I want to change the switch from "vt9" to "vt7", but I found no config file with an entry like "/usr/bin/X -br -nolisten tcp :0 vt9".

The only one I found, was /etc/X11/xinit/xserverc, with this entry:

exec /usr/bin/X11/X -nolisten tcp

grep recursively in /etc?

I see some lines referring to vt9 and vt10 in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers, but they are commented out on my machine.

So, if you did not uncomment those lines, who did?

*paranoia recommended*

Dave W.