Unexpected unset of domainname

The laptop - Acer TravelMate 3043WTMi, OS - Debian Lenny AMD 64.
When installing Debian on my laptop, I had set domainname which unexpectedly was unseted some days ago.
My router define my machine now as unknown.
Before this unexpected unsetting of my laptop's domainame I only change my MAC-adresses through command ifconfig (with restoring dafaults when rebooting my system).

In the "/proc/sys/kernel/domainnaim" I see "none', when I write there my domainname manually my router see my machine as unknone too, not by my domainname.
There is only a settings of nameserver set defaultly nn the "/etc/resolve.conf". When I trying to change this file manually the system restore it to the defaults (with only direction to nameserver).
In the man of the "resolv.conf" I read: "If this file doesn’t exist the only name server to be queried will be on the local machine;  the  domain  name  is determined from the hostname and the domain search path is constructed from the domain name".
There is my hostname in my "/etc/hostname", it was not unset.
I don't understand why my system doesn't determine my domain name from the hostname accordinly with the man of "resolv.conf"?
How can I to restore my settings?!