Re: xorg.conf for Radeon 3200 HD

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:15:55 +0200,
"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

> Am Montag 15 Juni 2009 schrieb Seb:
>> Hi,

>> Can someone with this card (integrated into the motherboard):

>> ,-----[ lspci ]

>> | ...  | 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc
>> Radeon HD 3200 | Graphics

>> `-----

>> share a working /etc/X11/xorg.conf?  I have the libdrm2,
>> xserver-xorg-video-ati, xserver-xorg-video-radeon,
>> xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd packages installed, but probably require
>> activation in xorg.conf.  Thanks in advance.

>> Cheers,

>> -- Seb

> Hi!

> The driver in xorg.conf might be "radeon" or "ati".  Otherwise might
> be, fglrx-driver might work, too.

> Remark, you need both, fglrx-kernel and fglrx-driver.

Thanks Hans.  I tried the fglrx driver but dmesg was reporting *lots* of
errors related to drm_vm_open ("map not found" or similar).  I removed
them completely and the card performs well enough.  If somebody has some
optimization tips for xorg.conf with this driver that would be
appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Seb