Toshiba track pad quit working under Debian sid

Hi,

The track pad of a laptop Toshiba Satellite dual processor AMD64,
running sid has quit working after upgrading to the new kde 4.  The
system also has M$ Vista on it on a different partition, and the track
pad works fine there.  I can't find the issue mentioned around the web.
For now, I've just connected a mouse to the laptop.  Has anybody else
experienced this, and are there any tips as to what to check?  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb