Re: dudes, my laptop won't even give me a terminal prompt - xorg problem....

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:31:41AM +0100, A J Stiles wrote:
> On Monday 20 Apr 2009, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> > Is there a key I can depress after booting that will make the machine
> > ignore the failed cycle of onanism I appear to have engendered here and
> > give me a terminal prompt and I can then work on fixing this?  Xorg and
> > Gnome have worked well in the past and I have got them working both with
> > the NVIDIA card and without.  I think this is just a temporary problem.

does ctrl+alt+backspace kill X ?
or ctrl+alt+f1 ?

--
"You know, sometimes when you study history, you get stuck in the past."

	- George W. Bush
06/25/2001
on what he told Russian president Vladimir Putin, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal