Re: 32 bit pkg on amd64

Jaime Ochoa Malagón <chptma@gmail.com> writes:

> I was waiting for the update in sid, but now I change it in the
> source, my skype is now working, in that way. On the other hand the
> libraries required are in conflict with ia32-libs and then with wine
> nspluginwrapper and so on...

I'm not quite sure how  to do the transition between ia32-libs and
ia32-apt-get yet. I guess all ia32-apt-get packages will have to
Conflicts: ia32-libs (<< 3.0~~), Replaces: ia32-libs (<< 3.0~~) and
provide a dummy ia32-libs 3.0 that depends on the right ia32-*
packages to preserve functionality. But providing such a ia32-libs is
not trivial as it can't be in main (unresove depends as faras DAK goes).
So bear with me a bit.

> wine is working installed from ia32 repo...
>
> I'm pretty happy this feel much better than ia32-libs...
>
> This is the new way to go? in that case how could nspluginwrapper work?

At least till multiarch and if no new problems come up.

No idea about nspluginwrapper. It depends on ia32-libs and
ia32-libs-gtk. I'm not sure if that is from nspluginwrapper itself or
only so plugins have it available. The former would be a slight
problem, the later could just drop them as ia32-apt-get would handle
the plugins depends properly.

> I'm asking to know if I should keep my dchroot or only wait for the changes...
>
> Great job, Thanks.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: svn has fixes for libpango so gtk apps have the right fonts like
Google Earth.