Re: 32 bit pkg on amd64

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
> Jaime Ochoa Malagón <chptma@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Goswin,
>>
>> Hi, thanks for all your work, I have installed ia32-apt-get and modify
>> de /etc/apt/foregin/sources.list to have the skype repo, I also
>> include it in the /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> How does the full entry for skype look like?

refugio:/home/chptma# cat /etc/apt/foreign/sources.list |grep skype
deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free

refugio:/home/chptma# cat /etc/apt/sources.list |grep skype
deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable-i386 non-free

>> refugio:~# apt-get update |grep skype
>> apt-get: update
>> Ign http://download.skype.com stable Release.gpg
>> Ign http://download.skype.com stable/non-free Translation-en_US
>> Ign http://download.skype.com stable Release
>> Ign http://download.skype.com stable/non-free Packages/DiffIndex
>> Hit http://download.skype.com stable/non-free Packages
>>
>> but apt-get install skype
>>
>> refugio:~# apt-get install skype
>> apt-get: install skype
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Package skype is not available, but is referred to by another package.
>> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
>> is only available from another source
>> E: Package skype has no installation candidate
>>
>> There is something more I need to know?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> apt-cache search skype

refugio:/home/chptma# apt-cache search skype
skytools - Database management tools from Skype to PostgreSQL

> It probably got renamed to ia32-skype.

There is documented?

> MfG
>        Goswin

Thanks

--
Perhaps the depth of love can be calibrated by the number of different
selves that are actively involved in a given relationship.

					Carl Sagan (Contact)

					Jaime Ochoa Malagón
					Arquitecto de Soluciones
					Cel: +52 (55) 1021 0774