Re: [ Experimental ] Debian kernel 2.6.28.7 amd64

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:46:17PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> They're not very useful if you need out of tree modules, and the kernel
> team doesn't seem very interested in this as an issue.  If you don't,
> they're probably fine.

Actually they are fine for out of kernel modules too, as long as you
know how to find (or make) the kbuild package needed.  I have been running
2.6.28 for months now using the experimental kernel, and compiled out
of tree modules myself by simple creating the missing kbuild package.

I guess the kernel team figures if you can't make a little package
like that yourself, then you shouldn't be playing with experimental
kernels anyhow.