Re: "big" machines running Debian?

On 02/28/2009 02:50 AM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
[snip]

The only argument I see for FC is a switched sorage network. As soon
as you dedicate a storage box to one (or two) servers there is really
no point in FC. Just use a SAS box with SATA disks inside. It is a)
faster, b) simpler, c) works better and d) costs a fraction.

The Tier 1 vendors can be touchy about certifying SATA SANs in certain environments, especially 24x7 DCs. That's why only our "tier 3" (there is not "tier 2"...) storage is SATA.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

The feeling of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed of
yourself.