Re: Adobe Flashplayer10 with Opera

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:16:34PM +0100, eric desmet wrote:
> reg exes a écrit :
> >
> >I'm having a problem getting Adobe's Flashplayer10 to work with Opera
> >on my system.
> >
> >I've found various solutions mentioned in this mailing list and on the
> >'net, however, none of them seem to work for me.
> >
> >For example, see here:
> >http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-amd64@lists.debian.org/msg25344.html

Contains outdated information.

> >I tried the "recommended" solution.
> >
> >For example,
> >1. do not install flashplugin-nonfree.
> >2. download the 64-bit version from Adobe.
> >3. unpack the tar.gz and copy the file libplayerflash.so to
> >/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
> >
> >My system does not have flashplugin-nonfree installed. I downloaded
> >and place the plugin in the above mentioned directory.
> >
> >No matter what I do, Opera refuses to recognize the plugin. All the
> >other plugins, e.g. Java work without any problems.
> >
> >I've tried placing it in...
> >/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
> >/usr/lib/opera/plugins
> >/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins
> >
> i don't have opera

Me neither.

> but with iceweasel i had to put libflashplayer.so
> also in my /home/my_user_name/.mozilla/plugins (i did create the
> directory plugins)
> so if you have a /home/your_user_name/.opera dir, maybe you could try
> the same.

To make the 64-bit Adobe Flash Player work on amd64 for Iceweasel, it
should be sufficient to first revert the manually added changes and then
to simply install flashplugin-nonfree 1:2.5.  If it still doesn't work,
then please file a bug report for flashplugin-nonfree using "reportbug".

Regards,

Bart Martens