Re: VirtualBox in Sid

El Domingo, 2 de Noviembre de 2008, Alex Malinovich escribió:
> You should be able to use the Lenny packages with no problems. Unless
> Sid gets incompatible library updates in libraries that are actually
> used by VirtualBox (very unlikely), things should continue to work
> fine.
> A bigger problem would be if the VirtualBox packages were "ahead of"
> Debian, in which case they would require features in libraries that
> don't yet exist. But as it is, unless we get a completely incompatible
> library upgrade (very rare) then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Well, I've installed VirtualBox 2.0.4 and it works on sid as expected, because
I've used the Lenny version and they should not diverge too much right now.
I've discovered that modules can be generated with "/etc/init.d/vboxdrv
setup" (it was quite clear in the documentation, my bad) so no need to wait
for DKMS to be packaged for debian.

I still think that it's going to be problematic when new packages enter in
sid, though, but I will try to be careful, and update less frequently.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2