Re: recompile 2.6.27.3 - now DHCP doesn't work

Hi JP,

Thank you for this -- you refer to a .config from 2.6.27.x -- do you mean that you create the .config new and you have to rebuild it totally from scratch? Normally when I uncompress the tarball I just import (copy over) the config from another kernel build -- I'd really not do all that again if I can avoid it. I've even run both an old (2.6.25.x or 2.6.26.3) config against a new config from 2.6.27 through diff -y  and none of the changes seem significant enough to justify having to do it again from scratch .... :(

Come to think of it I noticed the same problem with 2.6.27.1 as well. >:(

Cheers
Mass