Re: task hald-addon-stor:2815 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 09:05:42PM +0530, Vikram Vincent wrote:
The following messages keep repeating at regular intervals and I am not sure
how to deal with them or to ignore them.
Any suggestions will be useful.
Thanks.
Vikram Vincent

I have seen similar multi minute "hangs" on my Q6600 running amd64 with
2.6.26 kernel.  I have no idea what caused it to start happening in
2.6.26.  I am now running with nohz=off highres=off which seems to have
made the problem go away.  2.6.25 and earlier never do it.  It also
seems to always be related to disk IO.

I am seeing hangs due to excessive disk activity when Epiphany browser has been running for too long. I close it or kill it, and switch to Iceweasel, and the problem resolves. Of course, Iceweasel has its own issues. This may not be related, but it is a recent phenomenon. Since I switched from 2.6.25 to 2.6.26. Dual-core Athlon 64 X2 4800, 4 GB.

Mark Allums