Re: kernel upgrade has made nvidia 3D rendering not turn on.....

Am Sonntag, 1. Juni 2008 schrieb Michael Fothergill:

> > Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 17:34:22 +1000
> > From: dean@fragfest.com.au
> > To: mikef20000@hotmail.com
> > CC: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: kernel upgrade has made nvidia 3D rendering not turn on.....
> >
> > boot the previous kernel version for a while
> >
> > Dean
>
> Please excuse my ignorance here but how exactly does one do that?
>
> MF

> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000009ukm/direct/01/

Hi Michael,

the previous kernel should be abble to choose in the menu of grub (or lilo) ,
when starting the machine. You can install different kernel-versions, like
2.6.18, 2.6.24 and 2.6.25, and when starting the machine, you can choose,
which kernel shall be booted.

O.k., on the other hand, please check, if the latest package "nvidia-glx" is
installed, as the nvidia accelrator depends on two parts: the kernel-module
(which is nvidia-kernel and must be built by you) and the
package "nvidia-glx", which must be installed. The latter interacts with the
kernel-module.

And last but not least: In /etc/X11/xorg.conf check the entries for
acceleration and module:

LOAD "glx"

and

DRIVER "nvidia"