Re: ??'m using asus

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 08:46:33PM +0200, can comert wrote:
> I have a asus f3sv computer and my ethernet device is
> Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet
> I want to use a netinst cd and debian 4.0r3 amd64 coldn't ??dent??fy my
> ethernet device
> i find a web site  http://atl1.sourceforge.net/ if kernel version coud be
> upper then * 2.6.21*
> *ethernet* device won't be a problem as i understand. Which version's
> (testing\unstable) kernel version is upper than 2.6.21 ??

You can't use that network device with Etch.

It works fine with the lenny install disc (My P5K board has the same
chip).  I used the lenny install disc from about 4 weeks ago and it
installed perfectly.  This does mean you won't be running stable of
course, but oh well.

You do not have to download the driver seperately since it is included
with newer kernels.