Re: DG965SS

Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Dr. Helmut G. Enders wrote:

Grub said  28: does not fit into memory?

Some 100 Bytes, do not fit into 8G.

Is the grub guy, responsable for error messages
already infiltrated and undercut
from the Redmond philosophy. :)

If its good ram, probably http proxy or other misc error, else you got bad ram :)

memest 12 hours  -- no error

Meanwhile I did some apt-get install of small packages with no errors.

There was an old bios error, which increases processor speed during
network transfer ???

I looked into the apt-get sources: They use no external program like
rsync or wget, they have there own methods.
So when then next error occurs, I'll try some other apt-get methods
like ftp and not http.

> I am curious of the results :)

keep you in the loop,
Helmut