Re: DG965ss

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 05:07:22PM +0100, Dr. Helmut G. Enders wrote:
> I still have one strange error.
> When I do a apt-get install <large deb file>,
> e.g. linux-image-2.6..., this file
> is corrupted (apt-get said gzip: invalid
> compressed data). If I fetch this deb-file
> with wget into /var/cache/apt/archives
> and do an apt-get install <package>
> it worked.  I tried within my net some
> filetransfers without a problem. So the
> interface seems to be ok.
>
> And apt-get from my other maschine with
> the same net/firewall to the same mirror
> worked smoothly.

Do you use a http proxy?  I have had my proxy get out of sync and end up
caching a bad Packages file, so every time it downloaded it the proxy
gave me the wrong one and I got messages that the checksum on the
downloaded package was wrong when in fact the package was right but
Packages.gz was corrupt.  Forcing the proxy to refresh the file solved
the problem (as did turning of the use of the proxy temporarily).