Re: Java and libpthread.so.0 (Solved)

Hi Alex
>>    I have a problem with java
>> /usr/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> But both the 32 and 64 bit versions of libpthread exist on my system. I
>> found one thread on the internet where they seem to solve the problem
>> with
>> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
>> but this is not possible in Debian, especially not on an amd64.
>
> While the error is somewhat misleading, you'll get a "No such file or
> directory" error if you have the wrong version of the libraries, which
> is what I suspect is happening in this case. You're either using a
> 32-bit JVM without the appropriate 32-bit libs installed on a 64-bit
> system, or, more likely, you're trying to run a Java application that
> uses some specific libraries that was intended to be run on a 32-bit
> system.
>
> Try running it in a 32-bit chroot and see if you still have the problem.
Thanks for the answer and sorry. I solved the problem but unfortunately
only sent the solution to myself but not to the list :)
In the startup script, there was an LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 statement. When I
removed it, everything works perfectly.

Now i have a perfectly running Cadence installation on Debian :)

I will be more careful where I send my emails in future.

Thanks again
Gudjon