Re: installing scanner

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:51:03 -0600,
C M Reinehr <cmr@amsent.com> wrote:

[...]

> Have you reviewed the steps under Problems in the Sane(7) manual page?
> Have you checked your configuration file (under Debian they are in
> /etc/sane.d)?

Ok, I moved a bit further... The scanner is detected by
sane-find-scanner, thus by the operating system IIUC:

,-----[ sane-find-scanner ]

|   # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
|   # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
|   # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
|
|   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
|   # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
|   # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
|   # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".
|
| found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1709 [MP150]) at libusb:001:006
|   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
|   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
|
|   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.
|
|   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
|   # can't be detected by this program.
|
|   # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
|   # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
|   # necessary.
`-----

It is also found by Sane:

,-----[ scanimage -L ]
| device `pixma:04A91709_F00102' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MP150 multi-function peripheral
`-----

But it's failing to scan:

,-----[ scanimage > image.pnm ]
| scanimage: received signal 15
| scanimage: trying to stop scanner
| scanimage: sane_read: Operation was cancelled
`-----

I'll study a bit more about how to get more debug info.  Thanks.

--
Seb